Tuesday, August 6, 2013

More super quick updates

Unfortunately I haven't been as diligent updating this throughout my trip as I would like, but I'll take that as a good sign because it means that we are exploring a lot and there isn't much time.  So here are some more quick updates:

* When we crossed Bighorn National Forest, we hit an insane amount fog and even some frost (on the first day of August) and then at one point we opened the car window and it smelled like Christmas trees!  It was definitely unusual.

* As we got closer to Cody, Wyoming, I was just awe-stuck (again) about just how big this country is and it just made me think about some of what I consider "big problems" back home, are really not that serious.  We weren't driving through anything famous or doing anything special, but it was a real humbling experience.

*  Yellowstone is HUGE!  We were there probably 9 or 10 hours and we didn't even come close to seeing everything.  Bill loved it and wants to go back.  I thought it was ok.  We saw bears, deer, mountains, hot springs, and Old Faithful...

* Montana has a lot of animals.

* As we approached the end of our first week of traveling (and the West Coast) I realized that this trip is going by way too fast =(

* Seattle has a lot of hills, which was unexpected.  And ferry boats (but I already knew that thanks to Grey's Anatomy)

* As we get ready to leave Portland, Oregon, Bill requested that I put this in as well... apparently I am a crab when I am hungry (true story).  He also thinks it is weird that I think ice cream is an acceptable dinner (ommm hello?  I am an adult, so yes, it is).  We have survived 8 days on the road together so far... if that's not love, I don't know what is, lol

No comments:

Post a Comment