Here are some quick updates as we get ready to leave Santa Fe...
* I think I said this before, but this country has so much land! It's one thing seeing it on a map, but its insane when driving through and all you see is mountains, and hills, and farms, and grass, and rocks, and dirt, and cities... and all you can see is land! It's unbelievable!
* There have been a few times on this trip, when I am just get the strong feeling that this whole experience will make me a better person. I think a part of it has to do with me getting some perspective of other places and just seeing what is out there. It's a good feeling =) I don't regret anything from this trip at all =)
* Vegas was fun. We stayed at the Luxor Hotel and checked out some of the different casinos on the Strip. We had a nice dinner at Gordon Ramsay Pub and Grill in Caesars and I only lost $100 at Roulette, so overall not a bad stay, lol.
So after we left Vegas on what is referred to as "Route 66" right be exit 123, we broke down. Our car engine just died. We were fine, but sadly, the car we started this road trip with will not be the car we end it with. We called Budget from the side of the road and within an hour and a half they sent a tow truck and our new Jeep. It's similar to our first car, but not the same. We drove about 5,300 miles from New York to Las Vegas with that Jeep. So here we are continuing our journey...
* I am both beyond excited and already slightly overwhelmed to scrapbook this whole trip, lol.
* Because we broke down, we ended up getting to the Grand Canyon just in time for sunset (which was gorgeous). There are just no words to describe it. It's just breathtaking. Everyone should have that experience and check it out for themselves at least once in their lifetime. You will not regret it! (and that says a lot coming from a city girl)