Friday, August 23, 2013

Hello from Music City!

Some quick updates as we are getting ready to leave Nashville and head back into the Eastern Time Zone...

* As we left Texas, we thought it was appropriate to shoot guns, so we found a shooting range and did just that.  It was... interesting, lol.  It was the first time for both of us, and I am still 100% for more gun control, but I'm not gonna lie, it was intense.  Good times...

* On our way to Tennessee, while still in Texas, we got pulled over for the first time on Interstate 30! We were driving 9 miles over the speed limit and we were messing with Texas, so we got pulled over and got a warning.  Wouldn't be a complete road trip without it happening at least once, lol.

* In Memphis, we headed to Beale Street and listened to some live music and ate catfish.  It was pretty lively for a Tuesday night.

* The next day we headed to Graceland.  I gotta admit, I really enjoyed Graceland more than I thought I would and I have a much bigger appreciation for Elvis now!  Been listening to his station on Pandora ever since and I really wanna see some of his movies.

* After Graceland we drove to Nashville, where we are right now, and again, I was a little hesitant at first because I'm not a big country music fan, but it's been a lot of fun.  We went bar hopping downtown and listened to some really great live music at every place we stopped at.  Yesterday, we checked out the Parthanon and State Capitol.  Every Thursday they also have live music outside in Public Square Park and we tried chicken and waffles for the first time, drank beer, and listened to a free Michael Franti and Spearhead concert!  The whole concert was fun, but his encore tied in perfectly with our whole trip <3

Till next time...  

No comments:

Post a Comment